Sunday 10 June 2012

Sunday. June 10th, 2012

As I wake up, I ask myself. Was it real? I had a dream, I didn't know I was dreaming. I was lying on my bed, in a place that used to be familiar, family and relatives were eating around a big square table. It was a bright day. I could hear them cracking wise jokes, I was lying in bed. Why was I lying in bed, pretending to be asleep? They could see me, the door to my room was open. A dark cloud blocks the sunlight. I hear tanks, moving like angry caterpillars. There is silence. First shot comes from the east corner side of the building, the debris smashes my uncles head in, he smiles as his eye falls out and a few drops of blood slowly ooze out of his eyeball. The remaining part of my beloved family pretends like nothing is happening. ''WHAT ARE YOU DOING, HIDE!!'' I think to myself, but can't seem to bring the words into reality. My vocal cords refuse to serve me. The second round is fired from northwest of my position, the rest of the family is blown into the air like dust. Smoke arises, but fire does not follow. I manage to gather myself, I hide under the bed. I hear faceless entities walking towards me. I hear the vibrations on the floor. They flip the bed and expose me.I feel naked. My ears transfer a sentence: ''We got a live one over here. Call a medic.'' Curtains open. As I wake up, I ask myself. Was it real?

No comments:

Post a Comment